I have been obsessing lately with lower lashes. OBSESSING.
In addition to layering on the mascara (coats on coats on coats of it), you have 2 options: applying false lashes made for the bottom lashline (their bend is in the opposite direction of top lashes) — OR — just drawing them on. I’ve been opting for the latter of late.
So, to demonstrate the approach and the few items you’ll need to create a total beauty look around it, I called up my girlfriend, Brenda Della Casa, who also just happens to be the fabulous, internationally-published relationship author and writer whose current work appears on The Huffington Post, Redbook, Glamour, YourTango and more.
Brenda loves her some retro bombshell, so I knew she’d be up for it. And then some.
Here’s what I used to instantly transform BDC into a 60s sexpot:
1. Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black AND Brown.
2. MAC 263 Small Angle Brush.
4. NYX Matte Lipstick in Hippie Chic.
Follow these steps for you own personal transformation:
- Using a sharp eyeliner brush, with small diagonal brushstrokes, draw in lower lashes from the center of the eye to the outer corner – alternating between the black and brown gel liners.
- Line the top lashline with the gel eyeliner in brown, extending from the inner corner beyond the outer edge for a sexy, mod cateye effect.
- Pop on some cluster lashes to the top lashline for added drama.
- Coat lips in pale, matte lipstick.
- Channel your inner vixen.
Note: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts are unbiased and my own. All photos are my own.
Lauren Cosenza is the creator and editor-in-chief of DIVAlicious, a trusted beauty/fashion expert, an on-camera personality and spokesperson, a leading NYC-based professional makeup artist, a published contributor and writer, a brand consultant, a product junkie and an insatiable style seeker.
Serving up style with a side of attitude, DIVAlicious gives women (and men) the confidence and permission to be fabulous. The site is filled with must-have products, pro tips and tricks, how-to DIY tutorials, makeovers, style inspiration and insider access.