It’s that time of year again!!! *Insert all #NYFW-approproriate emojis here*
Rebecca Vallance’s backstage beauty began bright and early on Thursday, September 10th, (7:30 AM early!), but her collection was nothing short of vibrant.
First, let’s take a look at the gorgeous dresses from the Spring/Summer 2016 Collection:
As for hair, lead stylist for Joico Paul Norton described his vision:
“Healthy hair is happy hair! It’s all about luscious volume without bulk, and positively radiant shine. Starting with very smooth hair at the crown of the head, I focused on creating a hair look that was a modern take on the 70’s by adding texture and volume, starting mid-length through the ends with a contemporary curl, to compliment Rebecca’s Spring/Summer 2016 Collection.”
To achieve this classic look on your own, here’s a few pro tips Paul gave me himself:
- Foundation is key– hair needs to be rich and luminous! Use color-infusing/balancing shampoos and conditioners, such as Joico’s Collection, specifically for each hair color.
- Prep freshly washed hair with Joico’s Heat Set, starting at the roots, to reduce drying time and de-frizz.
- Spray Joico’s IronClad spray before flatironing to protect the hair from heat damage.
- Use a curling wand, curl 1 inch pieces of hair in the direction away from the face to create a glamorous, full wave!
- As a final step, comb through waves with fingers to create a more natural effect, and lock-in the look with Joico’s Flip Turn hairspray.
As for makeup, the MAC Cosmetics team applied a dewy, light finish to the skin, with a 90’s grunge smoked out eye and a slight touch of gloss:
Happy #NYFW Everyone!!
Note: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts are unbiased and my own. All photos in this post are my own.