As beauty girls, we talk about runway makeup being a lip look or an eye look, or even a cheek look. But more and more, season after season, it’s a complexion look. And it has to be flawless. And Burberry Prorsum nailed it for its Autumn/Winter 2013 show. The minimalist makeup spoke to how just a touch of golden glow can illuminate the entire face.
Naturally I was thrilled when Burberry shipped over the products for a lucky DIVAlicious reader makeover!
Former Philadelphia Eagles cheerleader Madeline Kane, already a natural beauty, LOVED the “Trench Kisses” look that originated from the gold detailing throughout the Autumn/Winter 2013 ready-to-wear collection. It’s super simple to apply. Anyone (no really, ANYONE) can do it. And its next-to-naked effect is so lush and radiant that it’s you – only perfected.
Here are the quick and easy steps:
- Use Sheer Concealer to highlight the center of the face and below the eyes. SHOW TIP: Rose-tone shades will combat any darkness or discoloration under the eye.
- Mix Fresh Glow with Sheer Foundation for sheer, luminous coverage. Blend from the center of the face outwards for the most natural effect.
- Add a touch of of Fresh Glow over the cheekbones, nose, forehead and chin for more of that healthy gold glow.
- Lightly dust Sheer Powder to remove excess shine. SHOW TIP: Wait for face makeup to set before powdering and apply around the nose only to maintain the glow.
- Contour cheekbones with Light Glow in Earthy Blush No.07.
- Apply Sheer Eyeshadow in Pale Barley No.22 to the eyelid and Gold Trench No.04 to the crease.
- Brighten the inner corners of the eye with a touch of Lip Glow in Trench Kiss No.24.
- Fill in the top lashline between lashes with Kajal Pencil in Poppy Black No.01 to create an intense lashline with soft definition.
- Apply Kajal Pencil in Stone No.104 on the inner rim (waterline) to open and brighten eyes.
- Apply Effortless Mascara in Midnight Black No.01 to curled top lashes. SHOW TIP: Focus on the root of the lashes for a deep dark lash line. Remove excess mascara with a clean mascara wand.
- Naturally define brows.
- Highlight the cupid’s bow of the upper lip with Lip Glow in Trench Kiss No.24.
- Apply Lip Mist in Trench Kiss No.216. SHOW TIP: Press lip color in with fingertips for a more natural finish.
- Finish with a little Lip Glow in Trench Kiss No.24 to the center of the lips.
NOTE: Burberry’s Trench Kisses beauty collection will be available in September. In the meantime, just sweep on comparable shades in addition to shades from the core collection.
Madeline left my makeup studio with all the Burberry beauty booty in hand, inspired to try the look on her own and excited to incorporate the shades into her everyday routine.
Nothing I love more than when a reader or client is glowing, and it’s not just the makeup!!