Lips. They’re having a moment. And since I’m all about talkin’ smack, I enlisted DIVAlicious Contributor Kate Pangilinan to showcase some of my favorite lip looks for right NOW.
To start, I quickly made up the rest of Kate’s face with these 5 products in this order… The goal was to create a pretty backdrop for each lipcolor without distracting from or competing with it.
- For gorgeous lushness, I prepped Kate’s naturally beautiful skin with Murad Dewy Finish Skin Perfecting Primer.
- For minimal coverage and tone evening, I applied a few drops of MAC Face and Body foundation in C5.
- To set the foundation but still maintain glow, I dusted Kate’s fce with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark.
- For a touch of shimmer, I patted eyelids with Bodyography Cream Eyeshadow in Gleam (a bronzey gold).
- To subtly enhance eyes, I ran and then softly smudged Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #1 close to the lashline on top and bottom with emphasis at the outer corner.
Now… let’s talk lips!
Not quite a look in and of itself, but I do love the way lips look when nuded out with a blend of Aquaphor and cream concealer. Perfect for the no-makeup-makeup fans. And the perfect base for us highly pigmented and vibrant color-lovers!
Orange you dying over this shade? Orange is MOST DEF the new black. This is MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Good to Go.
Pretty in perennial pink! This Merle Norman lipstick in Romance is a perfect year-round pout-pleaser.
To make it more fall-focused, line lips first with MAC Lip Pencil in Beet, concentrating on the outer corners and blending liner into the creamy lipcolor as a final step.
Holy holographic! LORAC’s Multiplex 3-D Lip Gloss in Cliché has crushed blue pearl pigment making it a purple that’s wearable yet still a total conversation-starter.
What lip looks are you loving now?? Feel free to mouth off in the comments section.