Valentine’s Day is around the corner and whether you plan to have a intimate evening with someone special — or not plan to smooch a random after several cocktails at a dark bar — it’s that time of year when kissable lips are desirable yet not easily attainable.
Blame these polar vortexes, cause girls, it’s not cute.
Chapped, flaking, dry, peeling, tight lips?
I repeat: Not. Cute.
What’s a diva to do??
Cue my favorite lip savers.
1. Harmonia Botanica Baume De Rose Lip Balm. Just started using this one recently and Iove that it’s all-natural and made with rose oil. There’s just something inherently romantic and luxurious about that. It’s also has a more matte finish, so it’s great for lip prep before lipcolor — you can pat it on as a first layer and trust it won’t slide off.
2. Peter Thomas Roth Pink Bombshell Lip Balm. This has been a fave for years and immediately earned its way into my pro kit because it is AHHHHMAZING. With just a hint of tint, it looks fab, feels fab, smells fab, tastes fab. Everyone loves it. And everyone asks me what it is and where to get it.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. This now comes in a variety of shades but I always gravitate towards the original. It’s reminiscent of my childhood days baking sugar cookies on East 19th Street in Sheepshead Bay. And who doesn’t want to be transported to a happy place with the swipe of a lip conditioner. Bonus! It’s also packed with yummy ingredients.
4. Lush The Kiss Lip Gloss. This vegan lippie has both color and shine but not too much of either. Just a kiss, if you will. I would call it a balm though its labeled a gloss. I would also call it delicious because since it arrived I have to stop myself from licking it off. Note: it’s also universally pretty and boy-friendly.
5. Aquaphor Healing Ointment. I could not do a kissable lips post without including Aquaphor. Because if you want soft, supple lips, Aquaphor should be the last thing that touches them nightly. The advanced formula penetrates skin and repairs while you sleep. Giving the winter elements a run for their money.
Note: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts are unbiased and my own. Samples were provided for review and/or for my use as a professional makeup artist.
Lauren Cosenza is the creator and editor-in-chief of DIVAlicious, a trusted beauty/fashion expert, an on-camera personality and spokesperson, a leading NYC-based professional makeup artist, a published contributor and writer, a brand consultant, a product junkie and an insatiable style seeker. Serving up style with a side of attitude, DIVAlicious gives women (and men) the confidence and permission to be fabulous. The site is filled with must-have products, pro tips and tricks, how-to DIY tutorials, makeovers, style inspiration and insider access.