As they say, got it from my mama!!!
And every once in a while, I give it back… in the form of a mom makeover for Mrs Rosycruise, who’s not even bringing sexy back because at 60+, she honestly never let it go.
For this fresh face and dramatic eye look we shot down in Boca, I pulled some current and all-time faves…
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Cream $15. For skin that is mature and also exposed to sun, it’s important to create an even canvas that still hydrates. A bb cream is the perfect base for a makeup look because it keeps skin looking supple, which can take years off visually in a instant.
- Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Palette, $15. This is a highlighter, bronzer and blush in one. You can swirl all the shades together or strategically place them. I did the latter, applying the top left highlight shade to the high points of Rosy’s face (bridge of nose, cheekbones, center of chin and forehead, cupid’s bow), the bottom right taupe shade as her contour (under cheekbones, around hairline and jawline) and the bottom left peachy shade mixed with the top right pinky shade as her blush that went very lightly from her apples to the temples of her cheek.
- It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil, $24. One side naturally fills in and works for any color hair, the other side buffs and brushes brows into place. Easy breezy.
- Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof $8. I love working with this wand to really lift lashes and coat every single lash plus the waterproof formula is awesome for a day at the beach or pool or if you have allergies or watery eyes like my mom sometimes does.
- Physician’s Forumla Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio, $12. This must-have, slightly shimmery but still sophisticated, threesome is all you need for a liner look or a smoky eye look. You just lay down the color where you want it and for a softer effect, blend it out. You can create a soft wash or a precise line depending on the look. Just three pencils, no shadow required, also means it’s super portable for travel or to toss in your purse. And (bonus!) the formula is long-wear and water-resistant. I used all three shades here.
- Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter, $14. What better treat for my mom – a somewhat wild Rose herself – than this juicy, gorgeous lip butter from Korres in Wild Rose. The tinted conditioner instantly nourishes dry lips with natural oils, shea butter and rice wax. It has amazing cushioning properties, a gorgeous sheen, and buildable color.
Total cost of this expensive-lookin’ face, only $88!!
Whoooo wheeeee. Rosy loves a bargain!! And the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. While I love me some prestige products, I know from years + years of beauty experience, you can also be a total babe on a budget. Case in point, this hot mama.
Now, we could have stopped here — but when there is a next level, the two of us aren’t content until we’re on it and owning it. Must be in our DNA. Enter: TRIBE TATS.
I showed this AMAZING new temporary metallic tattoo brand to my mom and she was sold. [NOTE: I love these ones so much they’re getting their own follow-up post so stay tuned…] We picked her statement piece based on her (supercute) outfit for the evening and, boom.
I love my mom so much and one of the biggest compliments anyone can give me is to say that I’m like her. If it’s true that one day you turn into your mother, then watch out world. I’m gonna be a badass boss.
NOTE: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts are unbiased and my own. Samples were provided for review and/or my use as a professional makeup artist. All photos are property of DIVAlicious.
Lauren Cosenza is the creator and editor-in-chief of DIVAlicious, a trusted beauty/fashion expert, an on-camera personality and spokesperson, a leading NYC-based professional makeup artist, a published contributor and writer, a brand consultant, a product junkie and an insatiable style seeker — with a former life at Cosmopolitan and Shape magazines.
Serving up style with a side of attitude, her site DIVAlicious gives women (and men) the confidence and permission to be fabulous. The site is filled with must-have products, pro tips and tricks, how-to DIY tutorials, makeovers, style inspiration and insider access. Topics range from beauty, fashion, culture, career, fitness, wellbeing, men’s and unisex offerings.’