My friends over at SELF, the magazine known for Healthy Beauty, just passed along this new lippie from Burt’s Bees for us to test. Oooh la la!! The DIVAlicious team is no stranger to the brand, and we all have big love whether it’s for the beloved clear lipbalm or the newer glosses and tinted formulas. Between my own gym bag, beach bag and makeup bag, I have a solid variety of Burt’s Bees lip products and my live-in boyfriend never fails to have several tubes of the original lying out. (Why he can’t just use one until it’s finished and then open another, I will never understand, but there is nevertheless a duo or trio out at all times.) We are what marketers might call brand enthusiasts. And therefore, always up to test the latest and greatest. So without further adieu, here are the TOP 5 things I noticed when testing Burt’s Bees new Lip Shimmer in Apricot…
1) The product just looks happy; the yellow and peach color combination on the packaging resembles a summer sunset.
2) The original minty tingle remains. (If you love Burt’s Bees, you know what I’m talking about.) #score
3) The color payoff is impressive, particularly because the formula is 100% natural and retains its balm benefits with ingredients like Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Vitamin E.
4) The shade itself, way more of a nude coral than a neon orange, is super wearable and flattering.
5) How is a tube just $5…?!?
Oh and PS, the SELF team wants you to pay some Lip Service too. Head over to their SELFies page to win a Burt’s Bees prize package valued at $250.
Note: This post is sponsored. All thoughts remain unbiased and my own. Samples were provided for review.
Lauren Cosenza is the creator and editor-in-chief of DIVAlicious, a trusted beauty/fashion expert, an on-camera personality and spokesperson, a leading NYC-based professional makeup artist, a published contributor and writer, a brand consultant, a product junkie and an insatiable style seeker.
Serving up style with a side of attitude, DIVAlicious gives women (and men) the confidence and permission to be fabulous. The site is filled with must-have products, pro tips and tricks, how-to DIY tutorials, makeovers, style inspiration and insider access.