I was recently selected as a Condé Nast Influencer to test out a holiday look compliments of Mary Kay and as any product junkie would, I oohed and aahed over the incredible assortment I was shipped. A box brimming with beauty, all perfectly packaged and winking at me.
Of the three looks that appeared in the December issues of SELF, Glamour and Allure, I was sent Screen Siren and had some fun reinterpretting the look as one suited for an up and coming starlet.
Using the products above, I created the look below.
Continue on to see exactly how I did it….
- I conditioned my lips with Time Wise Age-Fighting Lip Primer. This is a critical step for a bold lip, preventing feathering and bleeding and also creating a smooth supple canvas for lipcolor. I did this as a first step so the product penetrated while I worked on my eyes.
- I primed my eyelids with Mary Kay Eye Primer. Not only did this help the shadow last longer, it also allowed for truer color payoff and in this case a brighter metallic finish.
- I patted Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist with my finger from lashline to crease. Easy breezy.
- I tapped the middle shade of Mary Kay at Play On the Horizon eyeshadow trio on top of the cream shadow to intensify it.
- I also used this middle shade to highlight my face, running it down the bridge of my nose and on top of my cupid’s bow. Pretty pretty!!
- I added the darkest shade of Mary Kay at Play On the Horizon eyeshadow trio to the outer corner and crease of my eye and blended.
- Then I blended some more.
- I glided Mary Kay Eyeliner in Deep Brown along my upper lashline starting at the center towards the outer corner and then extending up and out for a subtle cat-eye.
- I ran the same eyeliner in my lower waterline.
- I conditioned my lashes with Mary Kay Lash Primer.
- Then coated them with Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in I ♥ Black.
- I mixed two blush shades — MaryKay Mineral Cheek Color in Sparkling Cider and Shy Blush — to create the perfect natural flush and swept it over my cheeks. (LOVED this product and it’s adorable compact that also stashes the lipstick!)
- I loaded the True Dimensions Lipstick in Mystic Plum onto the Mary Kay concealer brush (I’m a big fan of concealer brushes for precise lip application) and pressed on the color.
- To lock the color in place (another pro trick!!), I sealed the lipstick by using the third shade in the eyeshadow trio, which was a nice color match for the lipstick.
- Finally, I let my hair down, turned the music up and got ready for the Digital Evolution holiday party at Goldbar.
THE TOTAL PACKAGE
Screen siren makeup deserves screen siren wardrobe, don’t you think?
I pulled out this black crop top with holographic type from Forever 21 and paired it with an Isabel Marant for H&M silver foil wrap skirt plus some bedazzled earrings and a metallic wrap bracelet.
NOTE: This post is sponsored. All products were provided by Mary Kay and can be found HERE on marykay.com.
Product shots: Lauren Cosenza
Beauty shots: Jessica Angeles